The 2017 APPEA HSE Conference will examine issues such as:
- Human factors and behaviour management: how guidance, assessment and learning tools can make operations safer, more efficient and effective.
- Technology and innovation: the role of advanced engineering, robotics, remote-sensing, cognitive science and big data analyses and the use of new communications platforms and media.
- Collaboration with other industries: how the oil and gas sector can work with aerospace, the nuclear and solar energy industries, and the military – as well as with stakeholders, regulators and governments.
- Adoption and adaption of the latest science, research and development and thought-leadership: how our industry can use advances in engineering, computing, physical science, environmental science, and social and behavioural sciences.
- How industry can enhance communication and collaboration with stakeholders and communities to build trust and lasting relationships.
Theatrical Play with Workshop
The APPEA HSE Conference will feature a theatre-based workshop exploring a real life industry safety incident.
This challenging and though-provoking presentation will illustrate crucial errors and lessons learnt.
The workshop will be followed by a panel discussion with leading industry representatives, providing an Australian perspective for audience participation and feedback on the issues highlighted.
To keep up to date with all conference news – including the release of the program – click here to subscribe to the Conference eNewsletter